Kathmandu Half Day sightseeing focuses on the traveler who has a busy schedule but still interested in exploring the cultural, religious, and archeological beauty of Kathmandu. However, Kathmandu Half Day sightseeing is open for any enthusiasts. Kathmandu Half Day sightseeing generally offers two packages either exploring Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath or exploring Swayambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Travel can choose the best suit alternative for them. All of these shrines are under UNESCO world heritage sites so that you can experience the excellent sight vision in all these areas. Pashupatinath is a holy Hindu temple situated at the bank of the Bagmati river, which is nearly 5 km from the central city area.
There are many sightseeing spots within the Pashupatinath area. Some of the popular points of attraction within Pashupatinath is Guheshwori, Sleshmantak forest, Gaushala, Cremation area, Shiva Shrine, Viewpoint, Bachhareshwori temple, Gorakhnath temple, yogi cave, etc. Pashupatinath temple is home to many monkeys, birds, and cows. Besides, this, holy priests are living in the Pashupatinath area for years. The whole of the Pashupatinath area is under the supervision of the Pashupati Area Development Trust. Rituals take place every day in Pashupatinath; many Hindu devotees come to worship for morning and evening prayers. On the occasion of Shivaratri (i.e., Birthdate of Lord Shiva), thousands (i.e., even lakhs) of Hindu pilgrims from all across the globe come to worship in Pashupatinath premises. Similarly, thousands of devotees gather during festivals like Teej, Saune Sankranti, Chatt, Makar Sankranti, Chaite Dashain within Pashupatinath premises.
Bouddhanath is another heritage site which is located merely at a distance of 2 km from Pashupatinath. It’s a pagoda-style Buddhist architectural monastery, where Buddhists from all-round the world explore. Many Buddhist monuments, Tibetan markets, and Buddhist architecture are available in Bouddhanath. Along with Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath and Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bouddhanath is the most popular tourist attraction in Kathmandu. Traveler can see many Buddhist monks in Bouddhanath; also, there are some nunneries that enlighten the studies of Buddhism. Bouddhanath premises has many ancient arts, architectures, monuments, and sculptures.
In Bouddhanath, many authentic craft shops sell Tibetan handicrafts, Nepali arts, thangka arts, statues, instruments, garments, books, and more. Travelers can find many small gompas, Tibetan restaurants, shops, etc. on the outskirts of Bouddhanath. Thus, Bouddhanath is a fabulous destination for a day trip to Kathmandu city. Similarly, Swayambhunath is an ancient religious monument at the top hill of Kathmandu. Travelers can find many monkeys at the holy premises of Swayambhunath. From the view of Swayambhunath, you can experience a fabulous glimpse of Kathmandu valley, hilltops, dense forests, and snow-capped mountain peaks. Furthermore, Kathmandu durbar square has many ancient monumental sites such as Trailokya Mohan Narayan Temple, Hanumandhoka durbar, Hanuman statue, Basantapur tower, Kalbhairav, Taleju Bhawani, Kotilingeshwara temple, Kumari Bahal, etc.
Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath (One Alternative), Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath (another alternative).
• 9 AM: Meet up at your outskirts (i.e., Hotel, Lodge, etc.) and drive towards Pashupatinath. Explore holy shrines within Pashupatinath area such as cremation ceremony sites, banks of river Bagmati, shiva shrines, ancient monuments, stone carvings, forest areas, etc. You can meet many holy priests (Babas) in Pashupatinath, with whom you can take photographs and interact. Exploring Pashupatinath will give you the unlimited spiritual feeling of a lifetime. From Pashupatinath, we will head towards Bouddhanath (i.e., 2 km from Pashupatinath). In Bouddhanath you will explore Buddhist shrines, monuments, Tibetan shops, Thanks shops, and the central Bouddhanath architecture. In addition to this, you can take photographs, interact with monks, do the shopping, and enjoy its divine beauty.
• After complete exploration of Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath, we will guide you towards your onward destination via private vehicle.
Note: For Kathmandu Durbar Square & Swoyambhunath, there is a similar itinerary.
- Pick up and Drop via Private Vehicle
- Experienced English Language tour guide.
- All kind of local and government VAT/TAX, etc.